- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- Department of Mechanical Engineering.
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering.
- Department of Mathematics
Dr.E.A.Mary Anita, Professor of CSE department received a grant of Rs.9,80,223 from CVRDE, Avadi, Chennai to execute a Research Project titled "Design and Development of Offline Analysis Software for Analyzing Automative Trail Data"
Department of CSE has received a grant of Rs 50000 from SERB-DST for conducting a national workshop on "Quantum computation and Cryptography" during January 23rd and 24th 2018
Research at SAEC focuses on interdisciplinary and social relevant issues with major objectives as
- To provide superior research experience for faculty and students at SAEC.
- To provide consultancy services to industries and other R&D organization in the emerging research areas.
- To carry out various research projects with the support of National and International funding agencies like AICTE, DST-FIST, DST-SERB,CVRDE(DRDO),TNSCST, DST-HSSRS,NBHM,DMRL, AR&DB and ISRO.
- To organize sponsored research programme like Faculty Development programs, Workshops, Conferences and Seminars with the association of CSIR, ISTE, IEEE, ISRO, SERB, TNSCST, DRDO, Anna University and AICTE.
- To support the local population by means of providing technical training with the expertise available in the College and external experts.
Major highlights of research at SAEC
- SAEC focuses on quality education through new knowledge, innovation and discoveries by state-of-the-art infrastructure and research facilities.
- Total grant of Rs.4.30 crores received from National and International agencies like AICTE, CVRDE,ISRO,DST-FIST,DST-HSRS,SERB,MSME, University Tenanga Malaysia.
- 16 Sponsored /Funded Research worth Rs.4.19 Crores at SAEC to carry out research Projects and MODROBS.
- Received Grant-in-Aid of Rs.11 Lakhs from various organization like CSIR,DST,DRDO,SERB,TNSCST, IEEE, ISTE,CSI,ACM for dissemination of knowledge through research programmes like FDP, Workshops, Seminar, Conferences to researchers, faculty and students community.
- Through collaboration with IPDome, Chennai, commercialization of the products developed by budding engineer of SAEC are encouraged. 05 patents published in the Journal of Controller General of Patents, Design and Trademarks, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. 02 Patents registered and another 05 Patents are in the process of registration.
- Recognized research centre of Anna University, Chennai to pursue Ph.D/M.S(By Research) in the disciplines of Computer Science & Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering and Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Fraternity of SAEC includes 35 Doctorates; 20 Anna University Recognized Supervisors with nearly 75 Research scholars pursuing Ph.D in our research centre & 4 have completed and awarded Ph.D from our research centre till date
- 955 Faculty publications in various conferences and reputed Journal; out of which 324 publications are Scopus Indexed
- Allocation of corpus fund to initiate and facilitate the students and faculty with a seed money for converting their new innovative ideas into prototype and models