Master of Business
The Master of Business Administration programme offered is an extension of the institution’s pioneering leadership in professional education. This programme was started in the year 2005 and has produced around 694 successful MBA graduates who are working with prestigious organizations or into entrepreneurial ventures. The programme is aimed at escalating the potential of the student and moulding them for success in the challenging business field. Well-designed academics combined with live projects, corporate interaction, affiliations to professional societies, industry aligned value added courses and soft skill training provides the fine edge to the aspirants to build a conquering career. Ranked among the top private self-financing engineering colleges it acclaimed as the Best B School in Business India Survey 2013, the Department of Management Science has produced 20 Anna University Rank Holders till date.
ENRICHMENT ALONG WITH THIS COURSE
Conferences, MDPs, Workshops and Guest lectures.
Result oriented Placement Training.
Professional Body Membership.
2 Business Newspapers with individual copies everyday.
Corporate Connect through incubation projects and internships.
International value add Opportunity available.
A Business Blazer for enrolled students.
MBA COURSE DURATION: 2 YEARS FULL TIME
MBA SPECIALIZATION OFFERED
To Transform the Department into quality centre imparting management education along with value based professional excellence.
- To create an excellent teaching and learning environment for our faculty and students.
- To impart quality education by focusing on nurturing innovation, entrepreneurship, research and ethics by enhancing their self-confidence, creative skills and professional expertise.
- To develop leaders of competence, conscience, and compassion
- To provide the students with adequate skill, knowledge and confidence to seek positions (as well as growth) in organisations and excels in nurturing the spirit of entrepreneurship.
- To inculcate the students with a positive attitude towards work and life thereby resulting in personal and professional growth.
- To interface with Industry through their professional managers specialised in Manufacturing, Marketing, Finance, Human resources and System thereby inculcating professional expertise in the students in their area of specialisation and awareness of business environment.
- To br/oaden the mind of the students to ensure that their contributions to the society are ethical, value based and environment friendly.
After completion of the MBA program, graduates will have:
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, financial, marketing, sales, logistical security and social issues and responsibilities. (Professional integrity)
- Ability to conceptualize functions such as Manufacturing, Marketing, Finance, Human resources and Systems teams. (principles of management)
- Ability to systematically collect data, analyse and offer suggestions. (Investigative and Analytical Skills)
- Ability to Communicate effectively in different business contexts and situations so as to be able to receive and give clear instructions, comprehend, write reports, prepare documentation and make effective presentations.(Verbal and Written Communication)
- Ability to analyze a problem, identify, formulate and use the appropriate managerial skills for obtaining its solution. (Decision Making)
- Ability togenerate business ideas, develop business plans, understand regulatory requirements, and locate sources of finance and other resources to start new business ventures. (Entrepreneurial Skills)
- Ability to function effectively on multi-disciplinary teams (Team work).
- Ability to have the updated information on environments affecting businesses.(Social awareness)
- Ability to assess and evaluate the competitive business environment (Awareness of Business Environment)
|S. No.||NAME OF THE FACULTY||DESIGNATION||QUALIFICATION||AREA OF SPECIALIZATION||Photo|
|1.||DR. VIJI RAJESH||PROFESSOR & HEAD||M.COM., M.B.A.,M.Phil., Ph.D||FINANCE|
|2.||DR. L. VIJAY||PROFESSOR||M.B.A., M.Phil., M.Tech., Ph.D. D.Sc.||MARKETING AND SYSTEMS|
|3.||MRS.B.JAYACHITRA||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR||B.Com., M.B.A., Ph.D (Pursuing)||FINANCE|
|4.||MR. V.SRINIVASAN||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR||B.Sc., M.B.A., Ph.D (Pursuing)||MARKETING AND FINANCE|
|5.||MR.V.K.AJAY||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Sc,MBA,MPhil, Ph.D (Pursuing)||MARKETING AND HUMAN RESOURCE|
|6.||MRS. K. B. PRIYA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.COM. M.B.A.,||FINANCE AND MARKETING|
|7.||MR.G.B.SURESH||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||MBA., Ph.D (Pursuing)||MARKETING AND FINANCE|
|8.||MRS.P.SUDHA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.COM(BM).,M.B.A.||HR AND SYSTEMS|
|9.||MRS.B.BABITHA LUCIN RANI||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.B.A., M.B.A||HR AND FINANCE|
|10.||MS.P.SHALINI||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.COM.,M.B.A., Ph.D (Pursuing)||HR AND FINANCE|
|11.||MRS. N. DEEPA REKHA SURESH||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.COM.,M.B.A.||HR AND MARKETING|
|12.||MRS. LISHMAH DOMINIC.M||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Sc, M.B.A.||HR AND MARKETING|
|13.||MRS.D.E.VIJAYA DEEPIKA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||M.BA., M.A.,||HR AND FINANCE|
|14.||MS..K.SARANYA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.COM(CS)., M.B.A.||FINANCE AND MARKETING|
|15.||MR. S.SARAVANAN||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Tech, M.B.A.||HR AND MARKETING|
|16.||MR. PRASANTH KUMAR.R||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.COM, M.B.A.||FINANCE AND HR|
Management Day - Developing Leadership and Organizing Skills
Ideation- Become an Entrepreneur
Professional societies is a forum where individuals working in similar areas of activity in order to facilitate their meeting and exchange of views and their action to advance their objectives. S.A. Engineering College, Department of Management Science has affiliations with professional societies – MMA (Madras Management Association), CII (Confederation of Indian Industry), NIPM (National Institution of Personal Management) , HR Sangam and ICTACT for the past few years.
232 OF OUR MBA STUDENTS ARE OFFERED MEMBERSHIP AT MMA- MADRAS MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION
MMA members enjoy a range of membership privileges. These include a wide variety of services to its members including live webcasting of important MMA events, the use of MMA Library, MMA Seminar Facilities with state of the art training aids and free issue of the monthly magazine Business Mandate. MMA conducts regular workshops/certificate courses on various management subjects, both at its premises and also at the premises of the clients. MMA collaborates with universities/colleges/institutions of repute to deliver courses which are contemporary and certified by authorized entities.
VALUE ADDED COURSE
The first year MBA students are placed at various companies for Incubation in order to gain practical corporate knowledge. The students will go to the respective companies on every week Saturdays. The following are few companies:
|S.NO||NAME OF THE COMPANY|
|1||AKSHARA BUSINESS SOLUTION|
|3||CAPITAL MARKET SERVICE|
|9||IP CELL IIT|