Dr G S KUMARASAMY, M.E., Ph.D.
PhD in Computer Aided Process Planning with 25 years of experience in Teaching and Research
Specialised in the Research area of “Studies on Machining operations sequencing using Metaheuristic Techniques” and extensively applied Ant Colony Optimization techniques in Computer Aided Design and Computer Aided Manufacturing.
Served as Research Scientist at Triad Software Private limited and conduced industrial research in addressing the interoperability issues between CAD/CAM software and contributed extensively in new product development.
Being the corporate Trainer in the field of CAD and GD&T, he trained many serving engineers from various industries.
He published many of his findings in peer reviewed International Journals and Conferences.
He also held various Administrative and Academic positions in MIT Campus, Anna University before taking up Industrial Research.
He also served as Professor, Head of Department and Principal in various Academic institutions. During his tenure, he initiated and executed various activities in improving Teaching/Learning processes, facilitated notable Industry-Institution interaction and Academic/Industrial Research.
- Computer Aided Process Planning
- Ontological Studies on Interoperability issues
- Isogeometric Analysis /Mesh free Methods
- Data Mining in Manufacturing
- PhD in Computer Aided Process Planning, Anna University
- ME (Machine Tool Engineering), PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
- BE (Mechanical Engineering), Government College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Life Member in Indian Society for Technical Education