To promote a spirit of continuous learning among its students, S.A. Engineering College assures peaceful and enriching hours in the Central Library. One of the major highlights of the S.A. Engineering College is its 1371.52757952 Sq.M.. air conditioned central library that has a seating capacity of 300. It has about 55732 volumes and 17310 Titles of books and 9329 E-Books. In addition to which, the library also subscribes 98 Printed Journals, 1643 E- Journals and 88 Magazines. In this fully automated library, students and staff members can search the books by author, title, Acc. No. Publisher or subject heading and their availability. Each student is given 3 library books at a time and they have allocated library hours/week. The S.A. Engineering College Central Library is an institutional member of prestigious libraries such as the DELNET, AICTE – ELSEVIER, AICTE – IEEE Delhi.
- Books will be issued only on of valid user ID card.
- Books borrowed must be returned on or before the due date.
- Only one renewal can be done at any one time.
- Books will be renewed if there are no reservations.
- Books will have to be physically presented for renewals.
- Users are requested to verify the physical condition of the book/s before borrowing.
- For late return of books, overdue charges will be collected as per rules in force.
- Users are requested to deposit their bags/belongings (other than valuables) at the personal belongings counter.
- Users are required to observe silence inside the library.
- Misuse of library facilities is an offence and calls for punishment as decided by the competent authority.
SPECIAL FEATURES OF CENTRAL LIBRARY
- Qualified librarians ensure the best possible information services. Standard textbooks and books by well-known authors are stocked, and every effort is made to obtain all titles recommended by the faculty.
- Multiple copies of popular books are bought to make them available to as many students as possible.
- A copier facility is also provided for the benefit of those who access the library and fully automated for day-to-day operations, the library has a one server and 20 clients.
- All students and faculty of the institute are eligible for the membership of the library.
- The Auto Lib software is used for Library Automation.
- All the books are bar-coded in the library & barcode laser scanners are used in the circulation counter for book transaction.
- IBM Server
- 20 – Clients
- Network connection through twisted –pair cable.
- Internet Connectivity
- 45Mbps Internet Speed
Total No. of Books = 55732
Total No. of Titles = 17310
Total No. of Reference Books = 2923
Total No. of E-Books = 9329
Total No. of National Journals (Printed) = 98
Total No. of Magazines ` = 90
IEEE online Journals = 169
Delnet Online Journals = 1066
Inventi Online Journals = 34
Science Direct Elesiver = 275
Total No. of Newspapers = 12
Total No. of CDs = 6478
Total No. of Question Bank = 262
Total No. of Project Report = 4132
Back Volumes = 427
Library Area = 14763Sq.f.
Square meter = 1371.52757952 Sq.M.
Number of seats in reading space = 300
Number of users (issue books) = 150 per day
Number of Users (Reading Space) = 500 per day
- Digital Library Service
- Circulation Service
- Reference Service
- Inter Library Loan Service
- News Paper Clipping Service
- OPAC ( Online Public Access Catalogue)
- Internet Service
- Intranet Service
- Reprographic Service
- e-journals access
- e-Books downloadable service
- NTPEL Video course service
- News Paper Clipping Services
- Anna University Question Bank Service (May 2015 and Nov. May 2016 in OPAC)
- Book Bank Service
- CD-Rom Search Service
- IEEE -GIST
- SCIENCE DIRECT ELSEVIER
- DELNET – (Developing Library Network – Delhi )
- INDEST or other similar Membership (INDEST AICTE Consortium)
Faculty = 4 Books
Students = 3 Books
Book Bank Students = 6 Books
Monday to Friday = 8.00 am to 8.00 pm
Saturday = 8.00 am to 4.05 pm
Sunday = 8.00 am to 12.00 pm
Vacation = 8.00 am to 8.00 pm
Library will be closed in National Holidays.
LIBRARY E – RESOURCES
|IEEE Journals, Science Direct- Elsevier, DELNET, Inventi Journals||1642|