The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) is the leading National Professional non-profit making Society for the Technical Education System in our country with the motto of Career Development of Teachers and Personality Development of Students and overall development of our Technical Education System.
At present, ISTE has a very large and an effective membership base consisting of more than 1,02,985 Life Members, 5,54,094 Student Members, 2410 Institutional Members (including IITs, IISc.., NITs and other leading technical institutions), 1214 Faculty Chapters and 1322 Students’ Chapters and 17 Sections throughout the country.
The major objective
- To providequality training programmes to teachers and administrators of technical institutions to update their knowledge and skills in their fields of activity.
- To assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industry and other organisations.
- Provide guidance and training to students to develop better learning skills and personality.
- The college owes an Educational Institution Membership of ISTE for both faculty and students of various departments.
- The membership validity is life time for faculty and 4 years / 3 years as per duration of the course for the students.
- At present the chapter has around 1511 student’s members and 155 Staff members from the various departments.
- ISTE Student Chapter organizes various events like Inter departmental competitions, Quiz competitions, etc.,
- ISTE provide sponsors for Value added courses, Guest Lectures, Workshops, Seminars, Conferences, Faculty Development Programmes, and Symposia with the motivation